The Metquarter Press Day | Illamasqua

Wednesday, April 29, 2015
For the last part in my mini-series about my recent blogger press day event at Liverpool's Metquarter shopping center, I'm going to end it on my trip to Illamasqua, where I was given a free make-up tutorial and makeover. The iconic British make-up brand was launched back in 2008 and is now a huge success amongst make-up lovers all over because they provide high street accessible products but of true, professional quality. 

My make up artist applied the shade 'Silhouette' under the apples of my cheeks, my eyelids, down the sides of my nose, and on the jawline. The product is water-based (I can't remember how much of it is in percentage) so it's very easy to blend, very light on the skin, and can be built up if you want a darker contour. It doesn't leave a harsh, dark contouring line but leaves a natural, subtle finish instead. She then applied 'Charm' to the middle of my eyelids to create that 'spotlight' effect, which is something I would have never thought of myself and can say honestly that it gave my blue eyes a real pop of colour and I didn't even need mascara or eyeliner on.


The store is decorated beautifully with purple velvet sofas and chairs, neon lights, glittered walls, lots and lots of blacks and (some rather creepy) mannequins. You can tell just from walking in the door that you are in the right place for professional quality make-up with each counter dedicated to the different, high-quality products. The ladies working there are helpful, friendly and also well made-up themselves so you know that you're in good hands. I will definitely be going back to buy my first Illamasqua product soon...and that's a wrap on this mini-series about my blogger press day event, I hope you liked it!

videos