Cinematography Focus: In The Mood For Love

Sunday, February 25, 2018
Today I want to appreciate the work of Christopher Doyle, who worked cinematography magic in Wong Kar-Wai's In The Mood For Love (2000). The attention to detail and colour palette in this film is incredible and really sets the tone for the whole film. There is a recurring theme of warm reds and pinks yet contrasted with cooler greens and blues from time to time. As I mentioned in another cinematography focus post, this film also reminded me of David Lynch's artistic techniques. I would highly recommend seeing this film, to just purely appreciate the overall aesthetic - it's stunning. I think a film is so well made that when you freeze-frame a shot, it practically looks like a painting or photograph - in this case, In The Mood For Love does just that.




















videos