January Playlist

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

I'm back again with some of my favourite songs as of late...and some of my vinyl recommendations thrown into the mix as well.

I got Angel Olsen's 'My Woman' for Christmas and I'm listening to it as I write this post - I love this woman and her voice - an album filled with songs of sadness, pain and love. My favourite tracks are 'Shut Up Kiss Me' & 'Never Be Mine'... as well as all the rest to be honest...

Recently I picked up Weyes Blood's 'Front Row Seat To Earth'. Weyes Blood has a Carol King vibe and a euphoric voice that will fill you with nostalgia but with calmness and content all at the same time. My favourites are 'Seven Words' and 'Generation Why'. 

The same day I got Sonic Youth's 'Goo' - both from Probe Records in Liverpool. I've wanted to get my hands on Goo for quite some time - not gonna lie, I just really love the cover buuut I'd heard a few tracks off the album and decided to take the plunge and discover the rest. The album is a mix of cool melodic riffs, straight punk rock and an array of simple and complex song structures. My favourites are 'Kool Thing' and 'Dirty Boots'.

A mini playlist:

videos