Liverpool Sound City 2015 | Day Two

Thursday, June 11, 2015
I'm back today with photos and a few words about day two from Liverpool's Sound City, if you didn't see day one, just read it here! Saturday was probably the highlight of the weekend mainly because of the following reasons: 1. sunshine and blue skies and 2. Wayne Coyne. I saw way more bands than I saw on Friday and was certainly more energized and refreshed after a good night's sleep to enjoy the whole day.

This was the site on the lovely sunny Saturday and the crowd during The GOASTT (The Goast of a saber tooth tiger, phew) set...the front man, Sean Lennon, being, you guessed it, the son of John Lennon & Yoko Ono...who really is the spitting image of John and if you don't believe me look at this photo here. Yep, told you. Their set left me in complete awe and made me wish the Beatles could come back again for one big, happy reunion...there were lots of epic guitar solos with psychedelic hues and very Lennon like vocals, a band I'd definitely jump at the chance to see again.
After The GOASTT was Stealing Sheep, a trio consisting of Rebecca on vocals and keyboard, Emily on vocals and guitar and finally Lucy on vocals and drums. As well as a lot of other bands I saw at Sound City, they were completely new to me so I didn't really know what to expect but they certainly made a memorable show for me. They were perfect to listen to while basking in the sun where I think me and the whole audience were put into some kind of trance with the trippy visuals going on in the background which went perfectly in sync with their psychedelic folk sound.
Secondly, I was lucky enough to witness some guitar history being made right in Liverpool by Sonic Youth's Thurston Moore. I've never seen someone play guitar so effortlessly perfect, almost as if he could play it in his sleep, and I don't doubt that he could do that if I'm being honest. Just...cool as hell is the only way I can describe it.

Now...for the highlight of the night/whole weekend...
There were a lot of rumors going around about The Flaming Lips and I had friends telling me how spectacular the set was going to be and that they'd definitely not be like any band I'd ever seen live. The rumours were very very true and I was completely blown. away. Think: confetti, a giant inflatable santa, neon lights, a zorb ball, giant balloons, giant neon puppets, more inflatables, a stage proposal (very cute), a miniature plastic pink guitar... basically, imagine all of that, and you have what a Flaming Lips show looks like...I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves shall I? It was basically like what a fairground in space would look like. 
To be quite honest, I've never seen a man pull off a green suit, glitter, and yellow jacket with rubber duck shoulder pads so well...I officially have a bit of a crush on the legend that is Wayne Coyne.
And of course, let's not forget the music. They played classics like Do you realize? which was played right at the end which left many rather tearful if I'm being honest, apart from me (basically what my heart resembles) and favourite The Yeah yeah yeah song got everyone singing along. 
My ticket was worth seeing the Flaming Lips alone, it was a truly mesmerizing experience, and the perfect, if slightly bizarre, end to a lovely day.

Stay tuned for the third and final day of Sound City 2015 tomorrow!

videos